The supply of houses in the region continues to increase, which makes the competition tougher than ever before.
To make the potential buyer choose for your home, it is important to present the house as attractive as possible. A prospective buyer makes the first impression in the first seconds! In those few moments he considers whether he sees himself living here or not. It is therefore important to put up a good show. To help you out we have listed some tips.
There is no worse publicity for your home than a deferred maintenance. Repair minor defects, such as a leaky tap or a creaky door. Check the status of the painting and invest, if necessary, a small amount in the visual attractiveness of your home. Paint walls as much as possible in a neutral color (white or off-white). Do you have an outdated bathroom or kitchen? In any case, make sure that the walls are freshly painted. The look of the rooms improves immediately.
Tidying and cleaning
It seems so obvious, but the secret is to look through the eyes of the buyer.
Clean up rubbish left about, take away that empty glass, clean ashtrays etc.
- Toys look neat when put in boxes or put away orderly.
- Magazines and administration should not be visible.
- Shoes and (sports) bags belong in the closet.
- Remove personal things (such as photographs or thimble collection; this diverts too much). Replace it for neutral decoration. Floors, windows and cabinets are clean.
- The sink is tidy; clean the toilet and the bathroom shines as never before, without too many bottles in sight.
- Present your home as spacious as possible. A lot of furniture makes the room look smaller.
- Pay attention to what you cook on the day of the viewing: vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower have a long-lasting fragrance.
- Open windows (but do not let it get too cold).
- On a cold day it is cozy to light the fireplace.
- Turn off your TV and music installation during the viewing.
Your house is presentable when the exterior painting is in good condition. Pay attention to the garden: prune where needed and remove weeds. Sweep terraces, put cushions on the garden furniture, make sure the barbecue looks clean and put outdoor and pool toys out of sight. The pool is attractive when the water is crystal clear.
You love them, but the person who might be interested in your house may not.
Remove baskets / cages and of course your house cannot smell of your animal.
Consider in which month you want to put your property on the market. Would you like to start selling it in the winter, than it is a good idea to make some nice outdoor pictures on a sunny day in the summer? We live in a sunny area, but sometimes the weather does not want to co-operate.
You and viewings
Be friendly, but stand back, unless otherwise requested. Never apologize for any imperfections during the viewing. Preferably you are not present at the time of the viewing. This allows the buyer to be honest, he will not be distracted, the agent can do his job properly and there are less people in the house which makes the house look more spacious.
The smell of fresh coffee, homemade cakes and fresh flowers on the table create a pleasant atmosphere that potential buyers will certainly experience as positive.